2016.08 - Present
2011.08 - 2016.07
Awards and Fellowships
- 2018 Best paper award, IEEE PESGM, "State Estimation for Unobservable Distribution Systems via Deep Learning"
- 2016 Irwin and Joan Jacobs Scholarship, Cornell University
- 2011 Full Undergraduate Stipend, TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
- 2011 Gold Medal in Mathematics, International Zhautykov Olympiad Almaty, Kazakhstan
- 2011 Bronze Medal, International SilkRoad Mathematical Olympiad
- K. R. Mestav, and L. Tong
"Learning the Unobservable: High-Resolution State Estimation via Deep Learning"
57th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, 2019.
- K. R. Mestav, J. Luengo-Rozas, and L. Tong,
"Bayesian State Estimation for Unobservable Distribution Systems via Deep Learning"
IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2019
- K. R. Mestav, J. Luengo-Rozas, and L. Tong
"State Estimation for Unobservable Distribution Systems via Deep Neural Networks"
IEEE Power Energy Society" General Meeting, 2018.
Industrial and Academic Experience
- 2018.11-2019.05, Visiting Researcher, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenborg, Sweden,
- 2015.10-2016.05, Senior Project, Human Detection and Tracking with Multi-sensor, Bilkent University, Turkey
- 2015.05-2012.08, Research Intern, GNSS CRPA Array Processing, Fraunhofer IIS Nurenberg, Germany
- Spring 2018, Teaching Assistant for "Introduction to Probability and Inference for Random Signals and Systems" (ECE 3110), Cornell University
- Fall 2017, Grader for "Machine Learning with Biomedical Data" (ECE 5970), Cornell University
- Spring 2014, Teaching Assistant for "Calculus II" (Math 102), Bilkent University
- Summer 2013, Teaching Assistant for "Algorithms and Programming I" (CS 101), Bilkent University
- Prof. Lang Tong's group website, ACSP
Latest updated: 10/16/2019.